Wagering Requirements for Online Casino Bonuses
When an online casino bonus is added to your account, it will be either ‘pre-wager’, which means it is added when you deposit funds, or ‘post wager’, meaning the bonus is added after you have deposited money and played your chosen games.
Whilst it might seem a lot of hassle for a player, all of the complicated stuff is taken care of behind the scenes, so you don’t need to worry about any of that. And the wagering requirements are included for a reason: to ensure that players simply don’t just withdraw the free cash without playing. A bonus at an online casino is an incentive for players to make bets, and a good way for casinos to reward their most loyal customers, but you can understand them wanting to make sure it’s being used in the right way.
Wagering stipulations will differ from casino to casino, which means it is important that you shop around for the bonus that suits you best. That might not necessarily be the biggest – you might be best off opting for a bonus that suits the way you like to play. Either way, we make sure that we only feature online casinos with carefully regulated and absolutely fair bonus offers. Each online casino will differ in what they offer, but you can be sure that if we recommend it, you’ll get a fair deal…
How Casino Bonus Wagering Requirements Work
The reality of most of the bonuses you’ll get at your online casino of choice is that it will have to be ‘played through’ a certain number of times before you can treat it in the same way as cash you have deposited. So, for example, if you have a wagering requirement of 10 times your bonus amount, and your bonus amount is $100, then you need to wager (it might be referred to as the ‘stake’ or ‘bet’) $1000 before you can make use of the $100 bonus. You don’t have to play it all at once, and you can usually play it on any game you like.
Most bonuses will be added to your account automatically, but we can’t recommend enough that you check the terms and conditions before you play. Once you have wagered the set amount, you free cash bonus will be added, no matter if you have won or lost – your new online casino home is interested in your loyalty and how active you are as a player, and the way bonuses are set up is designed to encourage you to play often and to enjoy the online casino regularly.
Wagering Requirement Notes
- Some casinos will restrict bonuses to play on selected games only.
- There may be a time limit within which you can redeem your online bonus.
- You will generally receive a higher bonus for higher margin casino games such as slot machines. You may receive a reduced bonus for playing lower margin casino games such as blackjack or roulette.
- Certain Online Casinos now offer a “no deposit bonus”, which does not typically contain wagering requirements. Generally, these are very low value, either $5 or $10.
- We always recommend you read the terms and conditions, or contact customer support at your selected casino, especially if you have any specific questions or concerns.